Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Angela Merkel visits

Today was the official opening of the Bosch facility in Renningen, though technically it's been operational for almost a year at this point. To celebrate there were a couple of special guests, Angela Merkel and Winfireid Kretchmann(President of Baden Württemberg, the state Stuttgart is in). The temperature is starting to drop and today was pretty foggy, so not the happiest day for an opening.
Bosch Opening
Luckily all of the festivities were inside the main building's auditorium, which was only open for a select few. For the rest of us it was pretty much a standard work day until the Angela Merkel started her speech. It was webcast to all of the lounges around the campus, which were completely packed. I could only pick up bits and pieces of what she was talking about, though given the context of the speech it was pretty easy to guess what she would say about Bosch. After her speech was done I kind of saw her from a walkway, but she was gone shortly after.

In other news, something I do is collect vintage video games. I mentioned it in a previous post a game I got, but I also recently acquired a PAL Super Nintendo for my six months here.
SNES
While the games I have now are also available in America, there are a couple of games that were only released in the PAL region, so I'm going to see about picking up a few of them while I'm here.

Also turns out that code you see on the corner of most Nintendo cartridges actually means something. It refers to the game's serial number and the region code that refers to where the game was sold. Since I'm buying stuff in Germany, everything is marked NOE(Nintendo of Europe/Germany). So some games have language differences like my copy of StarWing

Push Start

No comments:

Post a Comment