Saturday, October 3, 2015

First Weekend

Today was the first Saturday while in Germany, coincidentally it was also German Unification day. It's a national holiday in Germany and is meant to celebrate German unity, mainly reunification between East and West Germany though. From what I understand the holiday is fairly new in German history and was moved from July to October a few years ago. I didn't see much celebration going on where I am, but pretty much all of the shops were closed with only a few restaurants still open. To me it seemed like even Germans weren't sure what was and wasn't closed as I saw a few of them attempt to enter the mall in Böblingen. Since everything was closed I took the time to explore some of old Böblingen.

Old Böblingen
Fountain in the square
Eventually I went up to the Church, which I think is the highest point in town.
View from the church
There weren't too many people out and about, but that changed later in the day when I went down to the local park/lake.


Surprisingly it's not that cold yet in Germany, at least during the day. At night it's starting to freeze, but during the day it's beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment