Sunday, October 11, 2015

Second Weekend: Part 2

As I said before, most things in Germany are closed on Sunday. So I decided to go to a different flea market today. This one was in Holzgerlingen, just a little bit south of where I live. I've read that charity shops, like Goodwill, are rare in Germany so flea markets happen a lot more. Actually got to ride in a diesel train on the way there, I guess the line isn't traveled enough to be electrified.

Holzgerlingen station
After arriving, I made my way into the town. While going through the town I saw someone keeps sheep in their backyard, the logical progression from keeping chickens.

Sheep, way back in the left corner.
 Eventually I reached a side street some tables were set up, and I entered the market. 
Start of the market
As it turns out though, this market was a lot bigger than the one I went to yesterday. It had to be at least twice the size in terms the number of booths. I did see one or two people that I saw yesterday, but the rest were completely new to me. 

It even had its own bier-garden and tiny merry go-round



There were some interesting booths here as well, there was a man selling FDR and DDR military stuff. I saw someone selling random lego by weight. Playmobil seems to dominate the tables of a lot of people selling vintage toys actually. I ended up not getting anything for myself this time, but I did pick up a book for one of my brothers. I don't know if they read this, so I won't say what book or which brother here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment