Friday, October 2, 2015

Starting work

Yesterday I started my internship at Bosch, the reason I came to Germany. The first day started early as I went out to go catch the train to Rennigen, where Bosch has recently opened up a new Research center, where I would be working. 

Rennigen Station

Rennigen is a very small town from what I could see, there's not much else besides Bosch and farms. I was told by my supervisor that the land used to be primarily owned by the military and that they still sometimes do paratrooper training on the airstrip next to the Bosch facility. 

The Bosch campus is really nice, I can't really show you anything though since they prohibit photos inside. I can understand that, the place is their research division for all of their subsidiaries essentially.

Main Bosch building, pretty much no cameras after this point are allowed
I met with my supervisor who showed me around the facility. There wasn't really too much work to do these first two days, mostly just filling out paperwork for HR and getting all of my work accounts set up. Next week though I'm getting training on how to use some of the machines they have around here for testing.

Today, I started by going to the local Burgeramt to register my address with the government. Apparently this is required by all German citizens, but for me it was necessary because I need to do it to get a tax ID for my payroll details.

Boblingen town hall
Burgeramt office
Also I noticed this while at the grocery store today,

Just kind of weird seeing a cigarette standee next to all of the kinder surprise eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment