Sunday, October 4, 2015

First Weekend, part two

Today was my first Sunday in Germany, where I actually woke up to church bells ringing in town. It was a bit of a lazy day for me, since pretty much everything here is closed on Sunday. However I did take the opportunity to go the the Kepler museum in Weil der Stadt, a small town west of where I work.

The town square there was also mostly void of people, except for a walking tour I saw in one side, so I made my way to the museum nested in a corner. Inside was just one elderly man selling the tickets, with a student ticket only costing 50 euro cents. While the museum is small, I thought it was quite nice and had a variety of artifacts from  Johannes Kepler's studies.


Kepler Museum

The town is quite proud that he was born here, so much so they put a statue you of him in the square.
Statue of Kepler

They also had these signs radiating out from the museum, each for a different planet.
The Sun, last sign before the museum

No comments:

Post a Comment